Ronnie Brown Felt Like Coming Good This Season


Ronnie Brown was a 1000-yard season since 2006, and 29 on the back of his career, but the most recent addition to the Lions running game wants to understand who you ask: Has a lot of remaining tank.

"I felt like coming good this season as I brought in my second year," Brown said in the year, he rushed for 1008 yards and Miami. "From a football standpoint, I feel I have much. I have not had a lot of bears, there is not much wear. And I think the thing injury ... all these things are non-factor now. "

Lions sent little-used running back Jerome Harrison and an unknown draft pick of the 2013 Eagles to the deadline date of the transaction to acquire Brown Tuesday as insurance for their ground game in trouble.

Jahvid Best Start is nursing his second concussion of the season, backup Maurice Morris and Williams combined 28 carries Keiland for 69 yards and the Lions rank 25 in rushing offense, last in the NFC North in charge.

Brown, who suffered a torn ACL in 2007 and missed half the 2009 season with a sprained foot, is pleased to join a team that saw the Lions 5-0 in the intrigues of his departure.

"I like it," he said. "I like what they do. I love their enthusiasm. This is a young athletic football club, which is certainly increasing, and are doing good things, and are playing good football, although the last week has been a loss.

"I like the look of it, and I think it's a good decision, and hope that everything works and I hope it."

Although he played one season as offensive coordinator Scott Linehan of the Lions in Miami, Lions do not have much interest in the 6-foot, 230-pound Brown as a free agent this summer because their backfield seemed set .

Best fought against Turf-toe injuries as a rookie, but the Lions to use his playmaking ability on the game and the team traded up to draft an additional high-back, Mikel Leshoure in the second round.

But Leshoure had lost season torn tendon Achilles early in the field, the Best suffered the first concussion in the second preseason game, and the Lions were not able to install a sustained attack run all year.

Brown is expected in town this morning to take the physical required to complete the transaction, said he spoke briefly with Lions coach Jim Schwartz on Tuesday, but the two do not get into his role.

With the Eagles, Brown was only 13 carry 38 yards in six games, but do not touch one of the last two weeks.

"When I signed with the guys I felt like there were some areas I could help, may be involved in situations of short length, perhaps the goal line. Type help her, "Brown said. "Unfortunately, it did not work, and I think the right thing for me is that I could get into a situation that I may be able to help a little bit more and be able to be exploited.

"So I look forward to it. Nothing bitter. It happens. It's a good opportunity for me. Now I just need to get the best of him. "

Brown could have that opportunity on Sunday against the Falcons.

The availability of the best for this game is in question after suffering his second concussion in last week's loss at 49. Better start if Morris can not play, but Brown said his familiarity with the offense of Linehan should enable it to contribute quickly.

"I think I have much left, and there seems little chip on my shoulder from the situation in Miami, which was a bit 'bitter," said Brown. "I am delighted that a second chance."

Post a Comment

0 Comments