Bishop Eddie Long Divorce


Vanessa Lengthy, spouse of Bishop Eddie Long, submitted for separation and divorce on Exclusive, Dec 2. Within time she improved her brain about getting the separation and divorce. Then within time she improved her brain again and determined to go forward with the separation and divorce.
Bishop Lengthy and his spouse, Vanessa, have been wed for 21 decades and have three kids. They designed the New Missionary Baptist Religious which became a megachurch in Lithonia, Atlanta.

In a statement released on Friday Vanessa Long had told her lawyers to file for divorce.
In the statement Long said she decided to "terminate my marriage" after "a great deal of deliberation and prayer."
The statement also said, "It is my sincere hope that this matter can be resolved expeditiously, harmoniously, and fairly. I ask that you respect my privacy and that of my family, as my attorneys and I have agreed that we will not try this case in the media, and I do not intend to make any further statements concerning this matter. I also ask that the public pray for my entire family during this difficult period of transition." reports usnews.msnbc.msn.com.

Charismanews.com reported in a matter of hours Long changed her mind about the divorce and issued this statement, "Upon prayerful reflection, I have reconsidered and plan to withdraw my petition for divorce from my husband, Bishop Eddie L. Long. I love my husband. I believe in him and admire his strength and courage."

Late Friday Long's lawyers said the divorce was on again. A statement issued late Friday by one of Vanessa Long's lawyers said, "she has determined that dismissal of her divorce petition is not appropriate at this time." as reported by msn.com.
Four men now in their 20s accused Bishop Long of used gifts, trips and money to coerce them into engaging in sex acts with him. At the time they were members of his church and were 17 and 18. Because Georgia's age of consent is 16 there was no criminal investigation of the allegations.

The suits were settled out of court.
Huffingtonpost.com quoted Bishop Long's New Birth Missionary Baptist Church issued a statement saying, "After a series of discussions, all parties involved have decided to resolve the civil cases out of court. This decision was made to bring closure to this matter and to allow us to move forward with the plans God has for this ministry."

Long denied the accusations. Long has been outspoken against homosexuality and gay marriage.

Post a Comment

0 Comments