Pam Grier and Richard Pryor Doomed


Pam Grier (born May 26, 1949) is an American actress. She became famous in the early 1970s, after starring in a string of moderately successful women in prison and blaxploitation films such as 1974's Foxy Brown. Her career was revitalized in 1997 after her appearance in Quentin Tarantino's film Jackie Brown. She is one of a few African-American actresses to receive a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actress.

Seventies pin-up PAM GRIER and comedian RICHARD PRYOR's doomed 18-month romance ended when he took issue with her requests for him to wear a condom during sex.

The actress' doctor told her that cocaine-user Pryor's sperm was harming her body - because it contained traces of the drug.

And he insisted she should demand protected sex.

Appearing on The Oprah Winfrey Show on Thursday (03Feb11) to promote her new memoirs, Foxy: My Life in Three Acts, the Foxy Brown star revealed, "There was an epidemic of a lot of people doing cocaine and it accumulated in the body and often in the prostrate gland and it would come out during your sexual activity, and inside a woman it could harm her.

"(My doctor) said, 'You'll have to ask your mate to wear protection...' It would protect me from getting the drug into my body... and so I had to tell Richard, 'You're gonna have to wear a raincoat', and he had an issue with that.

"I said, 'It's my life...' I chose me."

Post a Comment

0 Comments