Harry Belafonte Stopped By "The Colbert Report"

Harry Belafonte
The legendary singer Harry Belafonte stopped by "The Colbert Report" last night to discuss his new book "My Song" and talk about his long career as an artist and activist.

Belafonte asked Colbert why he used a celebrity to draw attention to the progressive causes, "which incidentally is one of the most beautiful pieces of calculating the banana never" "Do not just sing" Banana Boat Song,

According to Belafonte, apparently meaningless word "Day O" and it was really full of political significance. "I must say that this song is really much to do the day's events," he said. "And 'the work song, a song people are doing the hard work of planting."

Colbert explained that, like Harry Belafonte, he participated in March in Washington in 1963: ".. I was in the life of my mother she was pregnant with me"

"I have not changed a bit, '" he joked Belafonte. (At 84, his comedy is impeccable.)

Colbert pressed Belafonte on why he used his "glory of having banana" to adopt social change. "Why do not you be rich and coveted, that's what I do."

Belafonte said: "I thought the community from which I come would be better if I wanted to focus light on people who are not as fortunate as us, and I had a responsbility to achieve in this disaster and try to make a difference. "

Highlights of the interview occurred in the last minute, when Colbert asked timidly if Belafonte sings again. Belafonte said he does, but only occasionally. Colbert waited a second, then slowly began to sing Belafonte hit "Jamaica Farewell". By the way where the nights are gay, and the sun shines every day in the mountains, "he sang. A few seconds later, Belafonte joined, and the two became a duo. It was a beautiful moment.

Post a Comment

0 Comments