Georges St-Pierre successfully in UFC 167

The champion Georges St - Pierre successfully left the game , " and go to a little " immediately after the question " first decision Johny Hendricks fight , the UFC 167 welterweight title in the ninth album.

But UFC president Dana White said St- Pierre and the lack of a holiday promotion with Hendricks looking for an immediate return, but do not expect it existed in all clarity .

White also said that the decision of the " burnt ", said: " George has lost his lead , he knew , he knew , lost, Hendricks knew he had won, and won the corner knew it. "

St- Pierre ( 25-2 ) in UFC history and one of the most successful boxer who won MGM Grand Garden Arena in front of a full stadium for the first time by split decision .

When the judge saw Hendricks 48-47 in the third reigning five -round fight for the title 48-47 . ESPN.com Hendricks, 48-47 in the game.

As most of the crowd booed the decision , St. Pierre, and took the microphone for a while "hang the gloves " in need - but if you are asked to confirm whether this will be his last fight , hesitated Canadian Champion .

"There was a lot of talk about what was going to happen [after this fight]," St-Pierre said. "I have a bunch of stuff in my life happening. I need to hang up my gloves for a little bit.

"I will make a point on that a little later, but for right now, I've got to go away for a little bit."

Hendricks (15-2), who raised his arms in victory when the fight ended, challenged St-Pierre in every facet of the game. He hurt him several times with his signature left hand and scored key takedowns in the third and fourth rounds.

A former NCAA wrestling champion at Oklahoma State University, Hendricks collapsed when the scores were read.

"I thought I clearly won the fight," he said.

Hendricks expressed no interest in whether St-Pierre retires.

"I don't care about Georges," Hendricks said. "That's what I've said from the very get go. I beat him anyway.

"I just want the belt. That UFC belt, right in front of me. That's the only thing pushing me, motivating me. I don't care who has it or who doesn't. I need to get that. That's really my drive. I thought I got it tonight, but I guess I didn't."