Alex Morgan win Soccer Olympic 2012

The united kingdom – Alex Morgan talked to USA TODAY Activities a day after reviewing the game-winning objective in a 4-3 achievements against North america that sent the U.S. females group to the silver honor activity.

Playing in her first Olympic games, Morgan, 23, of Precious stone Bar, Calif., will cause the People in america into the ultimate against Asia on Friday.

Japan defeat the USA on charge sneakers last summer time in the Globe Cup last.

On her new superstar status:

At first, it was really strange to get identified and to go to my neighborhood and have everyone know who I was. I think I wasn't used to it at first, but I think that I'm more used to it, and I'm not so personal with my lifestyle.

On becoming a member of the U.S. group in 2010:

When I first got on the group, I was a little courageous in the sensation that, no I wasn't the most specialized gamer, but I was quick, and if I force the tennis ball previous a gamer, I can get there. Everyone always created fun of me in a excellent way for that.

On starting as a source contributor:

It was actually no stress arriving on to this group. Trainer Pia (Sundhage) desired me to go out there and display her what I could do, so that's what I did. And it was liberating to go in there and ranking overdue objectives and give rise to the crew's achievements. Simultaneously, I obviously desired to be a starting gradually.

On shredding her anterior cruciate structures in excellent school:

It was challenging not being able to run, negelecting how to run when I was first on the fitness treadmill machine. But at the end it was all value it. I think that it was almost better that I ripped my ACL, because it created me more dedicated to the game.

On becoming an Olympian:

I saw the Olympic games when I was a little lady. I keep in mind viewing the China finals and it was about 4 or 5 a.m. our period in Florida, and I was one of the only ones who aroused from sleep to look at the go with. And at that time I realized, I'm going to be on this group next Olympic games.