Apple Crisp Recipes


Apple Crisp Recipes
It's apple harvest season and if you're like me, you find more apples than you might expect for eating or cooking. So this year, when my family again, put a limit on the number of bushels which could take home and I am determined not to let these children go to waste. I decided the best way is to add to my dessert of apple arsenal.

So while I am known for my apple pie murderer, I'll go to a branch of the apple, and I decided that apple crisp is the way forward. It's delicious - and easy (without stand scabs to agonize and agonize over, I do). I just love a dessert that can be a problem on purpose and always delicious.

Here are apple recipes that look pretty amazing. I think I'll start with the first cook and eat my way down.

Apple Crisp Recipes
You'll need:
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
  • 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold, cut into small cubes
  • 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
  • 3 pounds apples, such as Empire, Gala, or Braeburn, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Post a Comment

0 Comments