Peyton Manning Optimistic Back In The Middle


Peyton Manning's NFL pipe 227 consecutive starts (including playoffs) is not an end, after all.

However, despite the difference in neck surgery off-season, Peyton Manning said Friday he is optimistic about being back in the middle of September 11th in the regular season opens in Houston.

"I really hope so," Manning said part-time at CBS and the Indianapolis-Green Bay's preseason game Lucas Oil Stadium. "I've never lost a game in my entire (NFL) career due to injury. I certainly do not want to start a week this season.

"My goal is to play -. Not only play but the game competitive, I want to help the team win if I can do, I'll be there .. "

Manning said he would consult with team doctors and head coach Jim Caldwell before making a final decision. Manning participated in a rigorous rehabilitation program after surgery in late May for a bulging disk.

At the time, said owner Jim Irsay Colts Manning had to happen in good time before the start of training camp. But Manning's recovery took longer than expected, it accuses of being unable to work with the medical team until the lockout NFL player was lifted in late July.

"I'm in the middle of it," Manning said his rehab. "I worked hard every day ... I have a little 'to do.

“I still have some time. I’m going to use that time. At the appropriate time, I think I’ll know what the right decision is.”

Colts general manager Chris Polian echoed Manning’s uncertainty during a pregame interview.

“We’ve still got a couple weeks to get ready,” Polian told FOXSports.com. “Hopefully, he is ready. Certainly, everybody is hoping for that. But we don’t know that at this point. We know he’s not going to play in the preseason.”

Curtis Painter has started all three of Indianapolis’ preseason games. The Colts, though, lured 17-year NFL veteran Kerry Collins out of retirement Wednesday to start in case Manning wasn’t ready to play against Houston and beyond. Colts vice chairman Bill Polian has said Collins would start against the Texans if Manning wasn’t available.

Collins was in uniform against Green Bay but didn’t play in the first half. He is expected to start Thursday’s preseason finale in Cincinnati.

Painter threw two first-half touchdown passes against the Packers, but also lost a fumble on a third-quarter sack. Painter was 11 of 21 passing for 171 yards before being replaced. Peyton Manning Optimistic Back In The Middle

Post a Comment

0 Comments