Found Guilty Of Joshua Komisarjevsky

Posted by Zotta Rendevouz

Joshua Komisarjevsky
Connecticut Jury today found guilty of Joshua Komisarjevsky to participate in the killings, Dr. William Petit's wife and two daughters, a brutal home invasion that ended his daughers tied to their beds, and splashed gasoline on fire the house.

Joshua Komisarjevsky, 31, was found guilty on all 17 counts against him, charges that include murder, robbery, kidnapping, sexual assault and arson. Six of these charges are considered capital offenses, so Komisarjevsky eligible for the death penalty

The jury began deliberations Wednesday morning and it took nearly nine hours to return a conviction of guilty to charges he murdered Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, Hayley Petit, 17, and Michaela Petit, 11

He will now undergo a death penalty hearing to determine whether he spends the rest of his life in prison or are sentenced to execution by lethal injection. These hearings will begin October 24.

The Petit family was in court that the verdicts were read and rubbed elbows with each response and comfort. Leaving the courthouse, Dr. Petit is the only known survivor of the brutal attack Komisarjevsky "a psychopathic personality, which is probably lying still do not believe you've done nothing wrong."

Dr. Petit said that even four years later the loss of his family had left a "hole in his heart irregular," but he was grateful for the support he received from across the country and the world. He called the decision "a relief".

Joshua Komisarjevsky had no visible reaction.

Komisarjevsky accomplice Steven Hayes was convicted last year for his role in July 23, 2007 home invasion, murder and torture of the Petit family. He was sentenced to death and is currently in the death row in Connecticut.

If sentenced to death, Komisarjevsky with 10 other men, who are currently in the death of Connecticut, as Hayes.

Guilty we estimate the Petit Home Invasion Murder

Only one person was executed in Connecticut since the death penalty was reinstated in 1976. The execution took place in 2005 and was the serial killer Michael Ross, also known as the Strangler road.

Emotional evidence Komisarjevsky started Sept. 19. Komisarjevsky defense lawyers argued that their client was a man who was "confused" and easily led, but that does not want to kill anyone. Komisarjevsky of lawyers accused of the killings, and Hayes said Hayes was the soul of a criminal attack to the Petit home in Cheshire, Connecticut

During closing arguments, said state prosecutor Gary Nicholson jury that "it took two people to commit these crimes" and was Komisarjevsky, who started the ball rolling by following Jennifer Hawke-Petit and Michaela home a grocery store.

Komisarjevsky, Nicholson said, was as responsible as Hayes paid for fuel in the firebox and the fire that led to death of girls. "They had a common goal to destroy evidence, and in the process, a family," said Nicholson.

As the terrible events of that night began to spiral out of control, defense attorney Walter C. Bansley said his client had no power to stop because of his "ability of bad decisions," caused by a "perfect storm" of childhood sexual abuse, serious injuries to the head and substance abuse.

At the beginning of the trial, told jurors Bansley probably says "break your heart." Testimony was really devastating.

In horrible detail, the jury heard how Komisarjevsky and Hayes, Dr. Petit over the head with a baseball bat, and then tied his bloody and bruised. The jury heard how the two girls were tied to their beds for hours and terrorized. Komisarjevsky also admitted sexually assaulting Michaela and half-naked pictures of the baby when she was tied up. Hayes raped and strangled Hawke-Petit.

The tapes recorded during the test was stopped after Komisarjevsky were played in court where it is described in a flat monotone, the horror of that night, when Hayes blamed the killings.

"He started ranting and raving for DNA, and he was angry with me because I was randomly on several occasions to use his name in front of the inhabitants of the house ... and all of a sudden you know you have to kill us ... were able to kill the whole family and burn the house down on them. Um, that was that there was no plan, "he said on tape.

The jury said that gasoline was poured into the small family home, including beds of the daughter, as was required, then the house burned down. A coroner said that given the magnitude of fire damage, dental records had to be used to identify the bodies of Hawke-Petit. And experts have also described how the girls probably survived for long minutes before succumbing to smoke inhalation dying.