Goodbye Meredith Vieira

Today's show is now officially yesterday's news for Meredith Vieira.

After five years co-host of NBC's morning show with Matt Lauer, Vieira has delivered its latest round of news this morning with emotion (and potentially viral) farewell to celebrate his half-decade on the show.

"It's a tough question," she said at the top of the show, which while being very Vieira-tung has also managed to sprinkle concrete news over the first three hours. "Very mixed feelings. I know it's true, but it's hard."

Together with her husband Richard Cohen and the team of family dog ​​Jasper today to see everything that is mobilized to say goodbye to Vieira, paying tribute to her throughout the morning with retrospective clips and a fair share of surprises .

First up, a surprise performance by Carole King, who sang one of the favorite songs of Vieira, "You've Got a Friend".

"I do not know what to say," said an emotional Vieira.

Fortunately, Lauer, Al Roker, Ann Curry, Kathie Lee Gifford, Hoda Kotb, Natalie Morales, and now face the rest is not.

"It 's been a privilege to work with you in the past five years. I know that people have enjoyed at home to start the day with you as well," Lauer says that will grow the biggest surprise of the morning, technically and creatively active, continuous group shot of lip-sync, in which every member on and off-air talent made the I [heart] Meredith T-shirt and serenaded him Journey "Do not Stop Believin '."

their principals through studies today, the offices, through the control room and, finally, to the place where hundreds of listeners were hoping to participate in the song. Surprising was his way of Abe Vigoda and Jimmy Fallon.

Needless to say, that was filled with a sense of enormous size, tearing the entire song, and show them at an earlier stage, this is what we are missing most of the show is the "feeling of family."

Before she signed for good, she was treated for a final dose of emotion.

Sitting on the Plaza with Matt, Ann and Al, the trio with a personal tribute to her.

"I kept coming up with jokes and sarcasm," Lauer told him, explaining his trying to think what to say. "I realized it's because I'm afraid that if I really tell you how I feel obliged to turn into a blubbering idiot. But it's your last day, so a little whine.

"I love you and I since that night we dined five and a half. Your talent and your warmth and your generosity ... your sense of humor I remember most, you made me laugh every day here and I thank you, but the bottom line is:. I wonder that someone who has such immense talent like yours, the size of your ego is: You have taught us us how to be great teammates, and it is the gift. I'll remove it. Thank you very much.

"I do not want to go now," Meredith laughed (and cried). "[But] I went upstairs and changed the lock on my box.

"Life is change. I love you all, you're the best bar none, is it such a family, and it is really difficult to leave family, so I will not say goodbye to everyone ... All I put in my heart and I never want to lose you. I love you so much. "

Post a Comment

0 Comments