John Krasinski (pronounced /krəˈzɪnski/; born October 20, 1979) is an American actor, film director and writer. He is most widely known for playing Jim Halpert on the NBC sitcom The Office. He has also appeared in several films including Away We Go, Leatherheads, License to Wed and It's Complicated.
“The Office” will hurt from losing Steve Carell, but I think it would be in more trouble if John Krasinski left. Jim is the heart and soul of that show, and in real life Krasinski seems like perfect dad material – down to earth, funny, modest and handsome. You’re probably watching for him right now at the SAG Awards, where he’s won a best ensemble trophy twice before for “The Office.” Here’s five things you may not know about John Krasinski, husband of adorable “Devil Wears Prada” actress Emily Blunt:
1. He grew up in Newton, Mass., where he palled around with future “Office” co-star B.J. Novak.
2. He’s very smart. He graduated with honors from Brown University.
3. Know those clips of Scranton, Pa., that appear in the opening credits for “The Office?” Krasinski filmed those.
4. Blunt and Krasinski owe their marriage to Anne Hathaway – she set them up after co-starring with Blunt in “Devil.”
5. He’s a former “Late Night With Conan O’Brien” intern.