Marie Osmond

Marie Osmond has hit out at reports her son committed suicide because he was struggling to deal with his sexuality, insisting he was not gay.

In an emotional interview with Oprah Winfrey, Osmond admits she endured every parent's worst nightmare when 18-year-old Michael Bryan jumped to his death from the balcony of his Los Angeles apartment.

She recalled the last phone conversation she had with Michael before he jumped to his death from the balcony of his Los Angeles apartment, saying, "(He told me) 'I have no friends.' ...I said, 'Mike, I'm gonna be there Monday and it's gonna be OK.' But depression doesn't wait 'til Monday."
Osmond shot down claims the teenager was troubled because he was wrestling with the conflicts between his Mormon religion and his alleged homosexuality.

She said, "My son was not gay. He wanted to be married and have a family and travel all over the world. And it wouldn't matter if he was - I have a daughter who's gay. She was the most offended by (the rumours). (The claims imply that) everyone who's gay commits suicide."

She explains, "It was really hard. It was a calculated decision. I'm unique, I guess. I'm a female in the entertainment business who has been working 48 years consistently. My stage is my safe place. It doesn't scare me, like I guess it scares some people. And I knew that if I didn't get back on stage that I may never get back on stage."

Post a Comment

0 Comments